Thursday, February 8, 2018

The birthplace of valour, the country of worth

Just a quick (and belated) note to let you know that I have an article in the February issue of iScot magazine, which also features contributions from Alyn Smith MEP, Derek Bateman, Paul Kavanagh and many others.  If you're not a subscriber to the print edition, a digital copy can be inexpensively purchased HERE

The front cover features a verse by Robert Burns - "my heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here" - which oddly enough I'm fairly sure I first encountered in uber-mournful form in the Italian film The Great Beauty (La Grande Bellezza).  But here's a much less gloomy version performed by Fara at the Orkney Folk Festival.

1 comment:

  1. Just settling down to read iScot James.... It is one of the best new magazines around, brilliantly edited & produced by a man who sank his life savings into it's inception.... We have all the issues from day 1 onwards & intend to treasure them for a good number of years to come. They will, I'm sure, become a part of the history of a new independent country...

    ReplyDelete